This is not only a tasty combination of flavors, but it looks impressive. Each ingredient is layered in a clear glass bowl, making it a work of art…so pretty and colorful, you may hesitate a moment before dipping into the bowl. But don’t wait–salads are best eaten when the ingredients are super fresh, with lots of crunch.
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 lb. salmon fillets
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15-oz.) can corn, drained
- 2 cucumbers, halved, sliced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 4 slices cooked bacon, cut into thin strips
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- fresh lemon wedges
- Combine buttermilk, mayo, white wine vinegar, and garlic in a jar. Seal and shake well. Stir in dill, salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add green beans, cover and steam until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Brush salmon with vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon on the grill until it flakes easily with a fork, 6-8 minutes per side depending on thickness of the fillets.
- In a large glass trifle or other glass bowl, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, green beans and hard-boiled eggs. Place flaked salmon on top. Garnish with bacon and spring onions. Serve dressing and lemon wedges alongside. Makes 4-6 servings.
Source: Stasty Cook, allrecipes.com